With great pride in the strength & durability of our products, we offer an extensive line of Metal Beds & Daybeds, in a range of artistic designs, or custom made to your specifications.
Nation-wide Courier Delivery.
Click on images for details and pricing
Daybeds are manufactured to fit a standard single mattress, 188cm x 91 cm, x 20 cm high.
A trundle can also be purchased as a separate item.
Daybed mattress base is made 40 cm high from the floor, to accommodate a trundle stored under the daybed.
Mattress size for the daybed, & for the trundle, should each be no more than 20 cm high.
For description of a trundle, click here.
Interior and exterior metal craft items, bedside tables, etc.
Metal Art Beds is based in Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa.
We specialise in the Design, Manufacture, Distribution & Sales of Built-to-last Quality wrought iron beds (explained) / mild steel beds / metal beds / cast-iron (as applicable to the design), bed frames, headboards, daybeds, trundles, and general steel & metal craft items.
* Goods can be collected from our premises in Bellville
* We deliver locally in Cape Town
* Nation-wide delivery / courier fee to be determined according to distance.
Each complete metal bed set includes the Headboard, Footboard, & Mattress support base frame.
We can also supply a headboard Only, or a headboard and mattress support base.
A headboard & footboard Only, will include a support alongside the mattress.
Please note that finished ordered items may vary from any picture/s, due to availability of ornamentation, or size of bed chosen - within which the pattern must fit for the general look of the bed, and also due to the height of bed required, etc
Most popular colours are white, black, cream, other colours can be arranged.
All beds and daybeds are manufactured for Standard Size mattresses ;
Single = 188 x 91 cm
3-quarter = 188 x 107 cm
Double = 188 x 137 cm
Queen = 188 x 152 cm
King = 188 x 183 cm
WE DO NOT SUPPLY MATTRESSES, CUSHIONS, ETC
PINE SLATS are supplied for the mattress support base, spaced apart for "breathability" of the mattress.
All metal beds are manufactured at a standard height of 350 mm from the floor, to the top, of the mattress support base, unless specifically requested otherwise. Your mattress is placed On Top of this.
Daybeds are manufactured 400 mm high from floor to top of base. Daybeds & trundles take up to a 200mm high mattress.
Fitted rubber / plastic / padded end-caps or pads under the bed legs ensures no scratching of floor surfaces / carpets.
Approximately 2 to 3 weeks is required for custom designed manufacture & colour coating.
!! Listed prices are subject to change without notice !!
Metal Art Beds Mission : Complete Dedication To Mutual Satisfaction
The term MAB herein refers to & includes; Metal Art Beds, it’s agent/s, staff, and management.
1) A deposit of 60% of the total price is required before manufacturing commences. Custom made metal beds and daybeds will take 2 to 3 weeks to be ready for collection/ delivery / couriers. The balance of the price, together with the Delivery & Assembly fee (local) / or Couriers shipment fee, (long distance) is payable upon confirmation by us that the items are ready for shipment/delivery. You are welcome to inspect the goods by appointment (we may be out delivering) at our workshop once ready. Once all payments have been processed and cleared, we will be in touch with you to confirm and mutually agree upon the collection / despatch date.
2) Although extreme care & experience is always applied during installations/delivery/assembly of supplied items on site, MAB expressly does not assume any responsibility nor liability for any loss or damage of and by whatsoever nature, whether at time of installation/delivery/assembly, or at any time in the future as a result thereof. Please ensure that the access area/s to final location of items delivered are clear and free of delicate and valuable items.
3) MAB reserves the right to use any pictures of the project/s manufactured, and retailed items, for advertising purposes, placement on websites, etc.
4) All beds and daybeds are manufactured at a standard height of 350mm from the floor to the mattress support base, unless specifically requested otherwise. Should the Client wish to make any design changes or alterations to items ordered, payment/s of any and all additional costs thereof incurred will be due and payable by the Client.
5) It is understood and accepted that wrought iron and cast iron items have certain surface imperfections which is in the nature of the product, and are not as smooth as mild steel, for example. Such items will be galvanized and/or spray painted coated as is, and accepted as such, being in the nature of the product. Note that bedsteads and daybeds, being for internal use, are spray painted Only, not galvanized. Any items which are to be galvanized shall be out-sourced to reputable companies conforming to strict standards. MAB does not accept any responsibility nor any liability for the quality of such coatings, nor for longevity of coatings, which may be affected by weather or usage. We advise that all items manufactured and supplied for outdoor use must be galvanized.
6) Finished items may vary from any picture/s or design sketches due to supplier shortages / discontinuation of materials, ornamentation, etc. In such event we will strive to keep the finished item within the general theme of the product sample picture/s. Our products are all manufactured using mild steel, metal, and /or wrought iron, as applicable.
7) Irrespective of any monetary deposit which may have been advanced in terms of the Payment Terms, ALL items supplied remains the property of MAB until paid for in full. In the event of any dispute and/or non-payment of any amount/s due, MAB may at its own discretion & time schedule collect / remove any or all items which may already have been despatched to the client or collected by the client.
8) Should the Client at any time after having paid the stipulated deposit wish to cancel the order, a cancellation fee of 30% of the total selling price will be charged / retained. MAB is expressly not responsible nor liable for the condition in which items are delivered by any courier / delivery company. In the event where item(s) need to be couriered after cancellation; should the cancellation be due to any fault on the part of MAB, MAB will incur all necessary costs to get the item(s) returned, however in the case where the Client wishes to cancel on no fault of MAB, courier / collection costs will be charged / retained from the deposit amount, additional to the 30% cancellation fee.
9) Manufacturing and delivery schedules are occasionally delayed due to inclement weather, undue delays in receiving completed work from the galvanizers, and other out-sourced companies, as applicable. MAB will be in contact with you regarding the progress of your order, and to confirm a mutually convenient delivery / shipment date.
10) Final Payment Due ; Upon confirmation by MAB that the goods are ready for despatch, any amounts owing to MAB is immediately due and payable by the Client before delivery and or courier despatch.
11) Prices, and Terms & Conditions, as stipulated on any of MAB websites and / or documentation / emails, are subject to change without prior notice.
12) Viewing of any ordered items or stock / sample products at 8 Spin Road, Sack's Circle, Bellville South, Cape Town (the Factory) is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, and it is an express condition, and client hereby accepts, that entry to the factory / workshop premises is entirely at clients' own risk. MAB will not be liable, nor held accountable, for any damages nor injuries which may occur within nor in proximity of the workshop / factory premises whatsoever .
13) By acceptance of this quotation and/or payment of a deposit as per the Quotation Payment Terms, the Client agrees to these terms and conditions and warrants that he/she has full legal rights and entitlement to enter into this transaction, and also where such Client acts on behalf of a company or 3rd party, and thereby warrants that this transaction, and any payments which are due in terms hereof, is binding personally on the Client, as well as said 3rd party.
Powered by w3.css